Monday, April 14, 2008

Green Tangerines Garage Sale and other shopping finds!

Okay, I think I enjoy shopping way too much and this week, well, I shopped a lot. Mostly it's scrapbook related things.

An LSS 30 minutes away from my house called Green Tangerines had their very first garage sale this weekend in celebration of their first year anniversary. Well, I brought over some of my stuff to sell but I also went there on Saturday morning to shop. When I brought my stuff over last week, I saw a paper organizer/rack that was going to be sold for only $25 and I wanted that really badly since I have been trying to re-organize my space and needed something for my ever growing paper collection. They said I can't purchase it until the sale on Saturday so I tried to be there early. The store opened at 9:00a.m and I was there at 9:05 thinking it was early enough. Boy was I wrong! When I got there, there was already a lot of people browsing through 2 rooms full of scrapbook stuff. So, of course what I really came there for wasn't there anymore but I still managed to get quite a bit of stuff.

I got this Scrap-O-Dex for only $8.00. This is like a bigger version of a Rolodex. I've been wanting one but couldn't get myself to pay the retail price of about $24.99 (I think).

I got this set of 20 Stampin' UP cardstock with a matching stamp pad for only $3.00.

I got this Brand New Doodlebug acrylic stamp set for $3.00.

I got the MM Rub-ons for $1.00 and the Karen Russell Narratives clear tag set also for $1.00.

Also got these CTMH stamps for $1.00 each. The set of faces was still brand new. I thought they would be cute to have with the Paper Dolls Dress UP cartridge I bought last week for my Cricut Expressions.

I got all these really pretty Karen Russell Narratives Line overlays for only $1.00 each too. I got 6 pieces. I thought the playing cards one would be cute to cut up and use on my 7 Gypsies ATC Holder.



The best find that day was this ziplock bag full of embellishments for only $2.00. Just for the Bazzill with an Edge alone retails for $2.99. The Cloud9 Designs Epoxy Paper Clips retails for about $4.99. Then there's a KI Memories Gel Candy and Icicles Ice Candy and a whole lot more other stuff. I didn't really like the stickers that was included but oh well, I didn't care.

Also, when I dropped off the stuff I was selling, they had just gotten their shipment of the new Heidi Swapp papers and of course I had to get some. I was scared that if I waited till I get my credit from the garage sale that the ones I want will be gone so I bought it that day. They even let me take the papers straight from the plastic wrapping since they weren't on the floor yet.




Here are a couple pictures of the stuff I bought that day. I also bought some MME journaling tags and a KaiserKraft wooden Floral Hanging Keepsake. I have been wanting these papers since I saw a preview of them from CHA. I was so happy to be able to finally get them.



Another happy purchase was this Becky Fleck Sketch Book that I got at Beverly's Crafts. I was able to get it with my 50% off coupon so I only paid $12.50 for it. I was never really a sketch book person and when it comes to books, I always want to see them in person first before I buy them just so I know if it's really something that I would want. I have heard and read a lot of great things about this book and so when I saw it, I just knew I had to get it and looking through it the other day, I just know it will be something I'll use often. I really like it. It comes with little flash cards with sketches on it and a layout she made using the sketch on the back of the card and it also comes with a little box to put the cards in. If you like sketches, this is the book to get. I think I like it more than the Becky Higgins Sketch book.




Oh, and how could I forget my new shoes!!! I'm loving the color of these. It's my favorite color, PINK. I actually got this from the kids section at Mervyns. I'm usually a size 7 on womens but this is a size 5 from the kids department and they fit pretty good. Price tag : $12.99. Not too bad, huh?

Well, that's all folks! This has been such a looooong post. I'm just so happy with these cute stuff I found. Don't know if getting them at a great deal was what makes me happier. I just love shopping and getting stuff at bargain prices is just great!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What great finds at the garage sale. I really LOVE those face stamps! Hoe CUTE!! :-)