Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Because I Don't Want to Forget the Moment...

There's a lot going on in my life right now. I've been so busy with cleaning the house, with trying so come up with something to do to make extra money, with lots of different unfinished projects, laundry, visa paperwork and so on. In the midst of it all, I had forgotten to notice the big differences in my children. Not that I don't take care of them or don't pay much attention to them, but I just didn't notice how fast they were growing up. I guess it's just the Mommy in me that just want to keep thinking of them as my babies no matter how big they are getting.

Yesterday when I picked up Shawn from school I found him kneeling on the ground helping his friend to tie his shoe laces for him. This is his friend who is probably at least 4-5 inches taller than him but apparently can't tie his own shoe laces. As Shawn finished tying the shoelaces carefully (just the way Daddy taught him) , his friend said "thank you" and Shawn said "you're welcome". Seeing this little gesture made me so proud of my son because he was not ashamed to drop down on the ground to help his friend tie his shoe laces. When I was little, I thought tying shoe laces was so hard and when I learned to do it, I was so proud of myself. Seeing Shawn do it for a friend, made me realize how grown up he's getting. My baby is now turning out to be a really smart, polite and helpful little boy. I've always had people compliment me because of how well behaved my kids are but that little moment I witnessed was special to me and I wanted to write about it just so I don't ever forget...

2 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG!!! I would have cried so much! How sweet is that?? I hope you remember it always :)

Dawn said...

That definately is a moment to never forget! So Sweet! Hope you are doing okay, we have missed you! :-)