Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Started going to the gym again!

I finally got some motivation and started going to the gym again. I started yesterday and also went today. Yesterday, I weighed myself and took measurements so that I know my starting point.

Last year, I lost 40 pounds but I didn't record where I actually started. All I know is when I started at Weight Watchers and I was at 187 but a couple of weeks before that, I was 193. That was the heaviest I've been without being pregnant. I was having a hard time breathing and standing up for a long period of time and when it started giving me a hard time sleeping because of heart burns, I decided I need to do something about it. I just couldn't stay that way forever.

I found that what works for me is weighing myself every day. I know it sounds like it is too much but it works for me. I find that when I don't weigh myself, it is because I feel guilty for eating too much and knowing I had gained weight. Weighing myself everyday makes me keep myself in check and not lose track of my goal and not let myself go.

So, this year, part of my New Year's Resolution was to lose 30 pounds by my birthday so I'm hoping to lose at least 5 pounds a month. I figured, if I lost 40 pounds last year, I can lose 30 this year.

Anyway, the past week, I have had such bad bad bad cravings for something sweet(brownies) then something salty (salt n vinegar chips) and then the cycle goes on and on again. So, with that said, I gained weight again which is kind of depressing since I've been able to keep my weight off for a few months already and in fact, just last Christmas, I've reached my lowest weight since giving birth to my 6 year old son. I was at 148. Then, after that, I had stopped weighing myself for a while and the next thing I know, yesterday when I weighed myself and I had gained soooo much weight. The weight I had worked so hard to lose had started creeping back.

So, to keep me motivated now, I will post my new starting measurements and weight and update once a week on how much progress I've made.

Week of Jan. 14, 2008

Weight: 159 (I know, I know, shocking!!!)
Bust: 39.5 inches
Waist: 35 inches
Hips: 40 inches

I am hoping to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and hopefully, my update next week will be good news. I'm really really hoping so.

No comments: