Friday, February 22, 2008

Gilda's Carbonara Spaghetti


I have been wanting to post this recipe here for a while to share. It's a dish that I have been asked to make several times by my friends because they loved it. I have loved Carbonara since I lived in Japan but when I came here to the US, I haven't been able to find a place that serves it so one morning when I was watching The Filipino Channel, this Filipino Cooking Teacher (not really sure if he's a chef) Sandy Daza was making his family's version of Carbonara and of course I had to watch it. Some of the stuff he had in his recipe are stuff I don't eat and I also like my spaghetti with a lot of sauce, so I altered it a bit to my taste and came up with my own.

It's really easy to make but it's very yummy!

Here is the recipe:
Spaghetti Noodles
1 package of Thick Bacon (cut into strips)
3 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
3 cubes of Chicken Bouillon
Salt
Pepper
2 Extra Large Eggs or 3 Large Eggs (unbeaten)
2/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese
3 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 cup water

Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package directions or as you like your noodles then set aside.
Cook your bacon until it turns brownish in color and until most of the fat is cooked. Then drain as much fat as you can from the Bacon and add the minced garlic. When the garlic is golden brown, add the cup of water then wait till it is boiling a little bit and add the chicken bouillon cubes. Continue to mix until the cubes are melted. Add the Heavy Whipping Cream and Salt & Pepper (to taste). Wait for it to boil while mixing occasionally.

When the mixture becomes a little bit thicker, add the noodles and on top, add the eggs and the parmesan cheese. Mix really well for about a minute and it's done. Enjoy!

***If you have left over, refrigerate it and when you're ready to have more, just heat it up on the stove and add a little bit of heavy whipping cream or milk so it's not too dry. The noodles will suck up all the sauce so it will be dry after refrigerating it.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! Yummy recipe! AND I Love your project below :-) I want to send you Donna Downeys autograph. Please e-mail me your address to Daytonadawn20@aol.com and I will get it in the mail this week :-)