Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back again....with a project finished!

Okay, I'm back again. I have no idea why this blogging thing is really not working really well for me! I keep promising to update more or at least even once a week but it doesn't happen. Every time I feel like I want to update, I feel like I need to post some kind of picture to make it somewhat interesting. The problem with that is, I am very lazy with uploading my pictures to my computer. It usually happens only when my memory stick is full and that is one of the bad side about having a pretty big memory capacity. In other words, I'm the biggest procrastinator!!! So, there, I admit it!

So, last night, since I couldn't sleep, I thought I might as well make good use of my time and start a project I've been wanting to do. Since seeing the inspiration about a month ago from Becky Higgins' Website, I had started looking for all the materials I needed to do the project but I got kind of busy with stuff and never really got around to it till last night.

Here is her version of the project:


And here is my version:

I got the plate holder from Michaels at the clearance section. The original price was $29.99 but it was clearanced for $12.00 and I was able to use a 40% coupon on top of that.

The frames were bought from Walmart for $1.98 each.

I printed the pictures from my own printer after editing them in Photoshop Elements. I kind of made a boo boo and messed up on the size of the picture. It was supposed to be an 8 x 10 picture and that is what I had put the size to be but I didn't know that I had to check the box that says "crop to size" so it will actually be an 8 x 10 photo after it's been printed. That is the reason there is a white space on the top and the bottom. I was going to reprint the photos but I didn't have enough photo papers to print them on so I decided to just stick with it knowing that I probably would want to change the pictures later on anyway. David put it up for me when he came home from work and I am really loving it. On each of the picture it says the words "Always", "Love", "One", "Another". My favorite photo is the last one of my two kiddos. Don't they just look adorable???

So, one project on my list has been checked! Yay for me!

5 comments:

Toby said...

Beautiful job on your project! I must try something like that. I think with some of my LOs that might work! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hafeeza said...

I am so copying!!!

It looks great!!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is gorgeous!!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is gorgeous!!

lv2scpbk said...

Wonderful project. Barb-n-PA SBA